The instructions below assume that you have an internet connection on the computer where you have installed GoldSim. If you do not have an internet connection, refer to Offline Return. To return a network license, refer to Return (Deactivate) a Network License.
To return (deactivate) a Standalone license, follow these steps:
- Open GoldSim, from the main menu select Help|Licensing… to open the License Manager:
- From the drop-list in the Local License Management section, select the Activation ID for the license that you want to return (in most cases, there will only be one in the list).
- Copy the Activation ID to the clipboard
- Click the Return... button (Desktop Standalone licenses are limited to *6 returns per year).
You will see a dialog asking you to confirm whether or not you want to proceed with the return. This message indicates what type of Standalone license you have (Desktop or Enterprise):
- If you have not already copied the Activation ID (as described above), the easiest thing to do is press No in this dialog, which will return you to the License Manager dialog. You can then copy the Activation ID using the copy button to the right of the Activation ID, and proceed again with the return.
- If the return was successful, you will be notified. Once a license has been returned, it will no longer be active on the computer from which you returned the license. This means that you can activate that license on a different computer using the same Activation ID.
- After you return a license, in most cases, you will want to communicate to others in your organization (e.g., your License Administrator, a colleague who wants to use the license) which Activation ID you have returned.
- To activate this license on a different machine, follow these instructions: Activate a Standalone License.
*If you plan to frequently move a Standalone license between computers, you should consider upgrading to an Enterprise Standalone license, which allows an unlimited number of transfers. This is useful in the case where you are frequently sharing the license with other users. If you are unsure what type of license you have (Desktop or Enterprise), open GoldSim and from the main menu select Help|Licensing… to open the License Manager. In the Local License Management section, you can see information about your license. The license type is shown in parentheses in the ‘Product’ line:
Please sign in to leave a comment.