Follow these steps to borrow a license from your company's network pool of licenses:
- Start GoldSim
- If you aren't currently using a license, click the Borrow Network License button from the GoldSim Licensing dialog:
- Otherwise, open the License Manager (by selecting Help|Licensing… from the main GoldSim menu). Within the License Manager dialog, press the Borrow… button.
- In the Borrow from License Server dialog, enter the following information as shown in the example:
- License server address (port number followed by '@' then the name of the server).
- Activation ID for the network license
- Duration of time you wish to have the license
Click the Borrow button
You should see a progress dialog while GoldSim attempts to borrow the license from the License Server. This should typically only take a few seconds. If the borrow attempt is successful, you will see a message dialog that shows the License Server address and the date on which the borrowed license will expire:
- At the end of the borrowing duration, the local license (on your machine) automatically expires and the license becomes available again on the License Server. This can be no longer than 30 days (and may be further limited by your License Administrator).
- Once you have borrowed a license, in the Local License Management section of the License Manager, you can see details for the borrowed license. The details are similar to what would be shown for a local (Standalone) license, with the following exceptions: (1) the ‘Product’ line indicates that the license is a Network license and (2) the ‘Expiration’ line indicates that the license is borrowed (and displays the expiration date):
If you wish to return the license before the expiration date, follow these steps:
- In GoldSim, select Licensing... from the Help menu to open the license management dialog.
- Click the Return… button.
- A message dialog will appear, asking you to confirm the return action. Note that to return the borrowed license early, you must have access to the License Server.
- Enter the License Server address for your network license server as shown in the example below:
- Click the Return button.
- A progress dialog should appear while the return is carried out. If the return is successful, you will see a confirmation message.