GoldSim 9.6 was released in 2007. As a result, we no longer provide support for customers trying to use GoldSim 9.6 and earlier. We realize, however, that there may be rare cases where you need to view or edit a model saved in GoldSim 9.6 or earlier. If you have active Software Maintenance or Subscription and you require to view or edit a model from GoldSim 9.6 or earlier, please send your reasons to Support: https://support.goldsim.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
We Upgrade a Model for You
It is typically much easier for us to upgrade the model for you rather than having you register and use one of these non-supported versions. If we decide to upgrade a model for you, we will provide convert it to the latest version of GoldSim and return it to you.
You Install and Activate an Old Version
If we decide to have you use an unsupported version rather than upgrading the model for you, we will ask you to start the following process.
Start the Assisted Registration
Version 9.6 and earlier used a different licensing system.
To get started, perform the following steps:
- We will provide an installation file for the non-supported version.
- We will provide a Registration Code, which has 10 alpha-numeric characters.
- Copy your Registration Code to the clipboard.
- Start GoldSim. Since the software is not licensed, you will see this window. Click the "Register GoldSim..." button.
- In the next window, click on "Assisted Registration"
- In the next dialog, copy the Installation Code to the clipboard.
- Send the Installation Code to GoldSim: https://support.goldsim.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
- Wait for a response from GoldSim Support for further instructions.
Complete the Assisted Registration
GoldSim will send you a new Registration Key, which is 26 characters long, as shown below. Follow these instructions to complete the registration.
- Repeat the above steps to get back to the Assisted GoldSim Registration dialog (see step 4 above)
- Paste the Registration Key into the assisted registration field.
- Click the Register button
- GoldSim 9.6 SP5 should start up now.