An offline activation allows you to activate GoldSim on a machine that does not have internet access. If you are trying to activate a network license on a server, please follow these instructions: Offline Network License Activation.
Follow these instructions to perform an offline activation:
- Open GoldSim on the computer that you plan to activate the license on. If there are no active license, you will be presented with the following GoldSim Licensing welcome screen. Click on the 'Open License Manager' button to open the GoldSim License Manager.
- If GoldSim is already running, select 'Licensing...' from the Help menu to start the GoldSim License Manager.
- Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and click the 'Activate...' button. In the drop-list that appears, select Initiate offline Activation...
- Click Yes then enter your Activation ID in the dialog that appears and then click Activate.
- When you click Activate, you will be prompted to save an ActivateRequest.xml file.
- Save the file to a location where you will easily be able to find it.
- Save the XML file to a machine that has internet access
- Open a browser window on that machine. Navigate to the License Portal login page: http://goldsim.com/LicensePortal/.
- Select the With Activation ID log in option and enter your Activation ID and click the Login button*.
- Click on the Activation & Entitlements menu and then click on Offline Trusted Activation.
- Click the Choose File button and upload the ActivateRequest.xml file that you saved previously.
- Click Submit.
- Click the Save button to save the responseXML.xml file.
- Move the responseXML file to the machine where you are activating GoldSim.
- Start GoldSim and open the License Manager (on the computer without internet service).
- Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and click the Activate... button. This time, however, select the option to Process offline Response...
- Navigate to the location of the responseXML.xml file, select the file and then click Open.
- You should see a message dialog saying that GoldSim successfully processed the offline XML response file.
- In the GoldSim Licensing dialog, you should now see the Fulfillment Details for your license.
You have successfully completed an offline Activation. If you have any problems during the process, please submit a new support ticket.
*Note: If you are using an Evaluation or Student license, please contact GoldSim Support for assistance with logging into the portal.