The instructions in this article will walk you though the process of resetting the password for the FlexNet Publisher license administrator.
The FlexNet Publisher license administrator is a web interface used to manage and view network licenses on your server. It is also referred to as the lmadmin web interface. You can access the interface by opening a web browser on the server and typing "localhost:8090" in the URL.
The "Administration" tab is where the license administrator can go to change settings and view more details about the license(s). You will need a username and password to access it.
When you click on this tab, you will need to enter a user name and password.
The username and password for the FlexNet Publisher license administrator (lmadmin web interface) was probably created by whoever set up your license server. If that person did not modify the default username and password, then it should be 'admin' for both the username and password since this is the default used during initial configuration.
However, the person who set up the license server may have been forced to set a new password. If you do not know who set up the license server or if the username and password have been lost, you will need to open a command line terminal as administrator and reset the password.
To do this, carry out the following steps:
- Open a command prompt as administrator
- Change directories to the installation folder for lmadmin (i.e. the location of lmadmin.exe):
- If you have lmadmin version 11.13, the installation folder is here: C:\Program Files\FlexNet Publisher License Server Manager (this might also be the installation folder for 11.14.0). It is recommended that you upgrade to the latest version of lmadmin as soon as possible.
- If you have lmadmin version 11.14.1 or later, the installation folder is here: C:\Program Files (x86)\FlexNet Publisher License Server Manage
- Confirm the version of lmadmin by using the "lmadmin -version" command
- Depending on your version, run 1 of the 2 following commands (if your username is something other than "admin" make sure to replace "admin" with your actual username):
- lmadmin version 11.13: lmadmin -usermod admin -Pass <temp password of your choice> -configDir "C:\Program Files\FlexNet Publisher License Server Manager\conf"
- lmadmin version 11.14.1 or later: lmadmin -usermod admin -Pass <temp password of your choice> -configDir "C:\ProgramData\FLEXlm\lmadmin\conf"
- In my example, I changed the password to "password12" and the result is "SA changed password of admin"
- Go back to the FlexNet Publisher license administrator login page and enter the new password you just created (mine is "password12")
- The administrator will now ask you to create a new password. You should create a new password and keep it safe where you can find it again in the future.
- At this point, you should be able to log into the administrator with your new password.