Follow these steps if you plan to uninstall or re-install the network license server.
- Open a web browser and enter "localhost:8090" to open the FlexNet License Server Management Interface. Find and record the vendor daemon port number currently being used by clients (if you want to use it in the future).
- In Windows File Explorer, locate and run the FNPLS uninstaller program. Typically, this is found under C:\Program Files (x86)\FlexNet Publisher License Server Manager
- Right-click on the uninstaller application and choose "Run as Administrator"
- The uninstall wizard will start. Click Next to start the process.
- Specify whether you want to save the log files (it is not necessary).
- When asked if you would like to stop and remove the old Windows service (in this case, “lmadmin 188.8.131.52”), select ‘Yes’, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- You should see a screen indicating successful uninstallation.
- You will now see that the old Windows service (“lmadmin 184.108.40.206” in this example) no longer appears in the list of Windows services and that the old data folder (in this case, “C:\ProgramData\FLEXlm”) has been completely removed. The old installation folder (in this case, “C:\Program Files (x86)\FlexNet Publisher License Server Manager”) still exists, because it contains the old GTG folder (with the old vendor daemon files). You can go ahead and manually delete the old installation folder.