This is a "bare bones" checklist for installing and configuring a network license server. You need to have purchased a GoldSim Network license before starting the installation process. These steps assume that there are no existing Flexera enabled license servers already installed. This article is merely a checklist to remind you of the essential steps of the process but there are many options that you may need to consider for your specific application that are not included here. Refer to the GoldSim License Server installation and configuration document for in-depth documentation and instructions for configuring the network license. If you are performing an upgrade to an existing GoldSim license server, please start with the Upgrade the Network License article.
|Note: Installing FNPLS requires c++ redistributable package. If you don't have this c++ redistributable package installed you will need to install it and a restart may be required thereafter. It is recommended to restart after installing c++ redistributables.|
Follow these steps to install and configure the network license:
Install the GoldSim License Server Activation Utility (GLSActUtil)
- Select a computer on which to install the license server (Windows Server 2012 R2 and later is supported).
- Download the latest version of the GoldSim License Server Activation Utility (GLSActUtil) installer from here (in the "Summary of Downloads" section).
- Install GLSActUtil as administrator (if you already have an older version installed, click "Yes" when asked to upgrade)
- Click "Install" if prompted to install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
- After successful installation, start up GLSActUtil
- Find the most recent Activation ID for your license and copy it to the clipboard (NOTE: If you are upgrading a network license server, you might already have a valid license on the machine. If this is the case, you can skip steps 7 - 9)
- Click the "Activate..." button, paste in the Activation ID and click "Activate"
- You should see a message indicating successful activation
- Click "OK" then close GLSActUtil
The GoldSim License Server Activation Utility User's Guide describes the installation and use of GLSActUtil.
Install the Flexnet Publisher License Server (FNPLS)
- Download and install the below version of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE):
- Download the latest version of the Flexnet Publisher License Server (FNPLS), or "lmadmin", installer from this page (in the "Summary of Downloads" section).
- Install lmadmin as administrator (right-click the installer and choose "Run as Administrator")
- Step through the FNPLS installation steps and accept defaults for installation directory and data folder location in steps 1-3
- In the step "Import files from Previous...", do *not* choose "import files"
- On the step "Pre-Installation Summary", click "Install"
- On the step "Important Information", Check box for "install Visual C++ Redistributable Package"
- Soon after this step you will be asked if you want to modify or repair. Choose "Repair" in then click "Finish"
- Accept the default values in the next step:
- Accept the default values on the next page:
- In step "Service Configuration", check box for "Run as a service"
- Finally, you should see the last window showing successful installation. Click "Done".
- Installation of the FNPLS is now complete. Flexera provides a document, FlexNet Publisher: License Administration Guide, which serves as the definitive guide for installation and configuration of the FNPLS.
Install the GoldSim Vendor Daemon (GTG.exe)
- In File Explorer, copy the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\GTG\GoldSim License Server Activation Utility\GTG to the clipboard
- Paste the folder to this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\FlexNet Publisher License Server Manager
- Start the lmadmin service (open Services and right-click and select 'Start')
- Open a browser window and type "localhost:8090" in the address bar. You should now see the license server web GUI
- Login to the Administration side (Administration tab in top right corner)
- For the first time, the username and password are both "admin".
- After you enter that, you will be asked to create a new password.
- Note: This port number is different from the license server port, which typically ranges between 27000 – 27009.