This checklist is useful for helping install and configure a network license server for the first time. It is highly recommended that you carefully walk through the procedures detailed in the "GoldSim License Server: Installation, Configuration, Basic Maintenance and Operation" document before continuing with this process. This article is merely a checklist to remind you of the essential steps of the process but there are many options that you may need to consider for your specific application that are not included here.
Please follow these steps to install and configure the network license:
- Download the Flexnet Publisher License Server (FNPLS), or lmadmin, installer for either 32 or 64-bit OS from this page (in the "Summary of Downloads for a Concurrent Network License" section).
- Install lmadmin as administrator (right-click the installer and choose "Run as Administrator")
- Step through the FNPLS installation steps and accept all defaults except as noted below:
Download the GLSActUtil installer from here (in the "Summary of Downloads for a Concurrent Network License" section).
Install GLSActUtil as administrator
Find the Activation ID for your license and copy it to the clipboard
Start up GLSActUtil
Click the "Activate..." button, paste in the Activation ID and click "Activate"
After successful activation, close GLSActUtil
In File Explorer, copy the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\GTG\GoldSim License Server Activation Utility\GTG to the clipboard
Paste the folder here: C:\Program Files\FlexNet Publisher License Server Manager
Start the lmadmin service (open Services and right-click and select 'Start')
Open a browser window and type "localhost:8090" in the address bar. You should now see the license server web GUI
Login to the Administration side (Administration tab in top right corner)
- Do *not* choose "import files" from step 3
- Check box for "install Visual C++..." in step 6
- Choose "Repair" in step 7
- Keep all default values in step 7
- In step 8, check box for "Run as a service"
Click on the "Vendor Daemon Configuration" tab
Click the "Import License" button then "Choose File"
Browse to and select GTG.lic, located in C:\Program Files\FlexNet Publisher License Server Manager\GTG, and click Open.
Click "Import License"
- For the first time, the username and password are both "admin".
- After you enter that, you will be asked to create a new password.
The Daemon will now appear in the list with its status set to "Down".
Click on the line item and you will see the Daemon configuration page
Select the option to "Use this Port" then type in a 5-digit port number (typically a number between 50000 and 60000)
- Check the box to Overwrite License File on License Server
- Click OK.
Click "Save" then "Start"
Click to a different tab and then back to the "Vendor Daemon Configuration" tab to make sure it updates
You should now see that the status is "Up" in the Vendor Daemons row.
Test a GoldSim client on the server machine and make sure you can connect to the license using the port number @ computer name (for example, 52188@isq-l-jasonx220).
Test a GoldSim client on a different machine that is connected to the server.
- Note: This port number is different from the license server port, which typically ranges between 27000 – 27009.