There are 2 different ways to log in to the GoldSim License Portal:
- User name and password
- License Activation ID
You must be registered or have a valid Activation ID to login to the GoldSim License Portal. Your portal administrator will provide this for you. This article walks you through the process of logging into the portal with either a user name or Activation ID. For an overview of the GoldSim License Portal, go here.
If you login using an activation ID, then you will only have access to view information about that activation and will not be able to see any other license used in your organization. On the other hand, if you choose to login with a user name and password, you will be able to view all the licenses in your organization.
Login Using Activation ID
To login to the GoldSim License Portal with an Activation ID, you must have a valid Activation ID for the license you wish to view. The Activation ID can be copied to the clipboard from withing the license manager of the GoldSim application.
Note: If you are using an Evaluation or Student license, please contact GoldSim Support for assistance with logging into the portal.
1. Once you have the ID copied to the clipboard, go to the GoldSim License Portal and you will see the login screen.
2. Choose "With Activation ID" and paste in the activation ID as shown. Click "Log in"
3. Once you are logged in to the portal, you will see the activation ID in the upper right corner of the window as seen below. This indicates that you have successfully logged in.
4. A listing of this license will appear in 1 of 2 places depending on whether the license has been fulfilled. If the license hasn't yet been fulfilled, you will see the license immediately under "Activatable Entitlements". Note this is only the license associated with this activation ID and not all licenses in your organization.
5. However, if the license has already been fulfilled (activated on a machine), it will not show up here. Instead, you will need to click on the "License Support" menu and select "List Licenses" to view it.
Registration with User Name and Password
Once your account has been setup by your administrator, an email will be sent to you with a link to enter the portal and change your password. Below are steps to complete the user registration and login.
1. Click on the link in the email sent from email@example.com
2. Copy the temporary password from the email to your clipboard.
3. Paste the temporary password into the "Old Password" field and enter a new password along with an answer to your security question. Click "Continue".
4. Now you will see the "Activatable Entitlements" page with a listing of any activatable licenses (if any exist) for your organization.
5. You can also view/change at your profile by clicking on the drop list on your user name shown in the upper right corner of the window.
6. All the fields in the "Edit User Profile" page can be edited except for the email, Organization, and Shared Login checkbox. Also, do not edit the MAX_CONTACT_NO.
Other Portal Actions
Click on a link below for detailed instructions on carrying out specific actions within the portal.
- Find an Available License to Activate
- Check If a Licenses Has Been Fulfilled
- Add a New Portal User/Administrator
- Perform an Offline Activation
- Perform an Offline Return
Download the GoldSim License Portal Documentation as a single document.