--This article applies to the following GoldSim product versions: 10.5 (SP6 or later), 11.0 (update 8 or later), and 11.1 (update 4 or later)--
This article walks you through the process of adding a new portal user or portal administrator to the portal. For an overview of the GoldSim License Portal, go here. You need to be a portal administrator to perform these steps.
To create a new portal administrator, follow these steps:
2. Click on the “Users & Orgs” tab and select “List Users”
3. You will see a list of users in your organization. Before continuing, confirm the user’s name doesn’t already exist in the list. If the user already exists and you just need to edit the user, just click on the user's name to edit/view. Otherwise, continue to the next step to create a new user.
4. Click “Actions” and select “Create”.
5. You will see the “Create User” page with fields to be filled out. Fill out the fields as per the following:
- Typically, you will keep the first 3 items with radio buttons as-is.
- Be sure to check whether you want this user to receive email notifications (recommended).
- Ignore the MAX_CONTACT_NO field
6. Before saving the user information, you need to link the user to your organization. Link the user to your organization using the “Actions” button near the bottom of the page.
7. A page opens that allows you to do 2 things: select the company and choose the Role for this user.
- If you check the box for “Portal Admin User Role”, then this user will have the ability to see all the other users in your organization that are in the portal.
- If you check the box for “Portal User Role”, then the user will not be able to see information about other users in your organization but they will still be able to see the licenses and entitlements.
- You should not select both roles.
- Once you’ve made your selection, click “OK”.
8. Now you will see confirmation that the user has been created successfully and the company and user role is displayed at the bottom of the page. Click “Save” to save the settings.
9. Click on Users & Orgs then select “List Users” to see this new user in the list.
10. You should now see them added to your list.
At the time of creation, the new admin/user will receive an email with a link and password for initial login. They will be prompted to change their password when they click this link.
Other Portal Actions
Click on a link below for detailed instructions on carrying out specific actions within the portal.
- Portal Login
- Find an Available License to Activate
- Check If a Licenses Has Been Fulfilled
- Perform an Offline Activation
- Perform an Offline Return
Download the GoldSim License Portal Documentation as a single document.