The simplest type of maintenance operation in GoldSim is the Replace trigger. The Replace trigger is available in both the Function and the Action element, and instantaneously replaces the element and any children with a new component.
In this model, there are two children that fail at 1 and 2 years, and the Parent element fails at three years. Replacement is triggered when 4 years of simulated time have passed. Note that the parent does not require the children to be operable in order to operate.
If you view the status history, you see that:
- Child_1 fails at 1 year, is replaced at 4 years and fails again at 5 years.
- Child_2 fails at 2 years, is replaced at 4 years and fails again at 6 years.
- The Parent element fails at 3 years, is replaced at 4 years and fails again at 7 years.
To Open the Model File:
- Start GoldSim
- Click on the File and select Open Example...
- Browse to Reliability Examples
- Select the file called ReplaceTrigger.gsm