Model version: GoldSim 12.1.4 operating on a Network Licence
We have been encountering an issue with a few models that were working fine until recently, where the GoldSim models crash at the end of the simulation without exporting results to Excel, and the error is Exception_Access_Violation (see screenshot below).
When we set the model to "do not export" and try to export all the results manually, GoldSim just closes by itself and does not export anything. It seems to export fine when we just try exporting individual results elements.
We have already tried the following:
- Ensure no background instances of Excel are running in the task manager
- Keeping Excel closed during simulation and export
- OneDrive and SharePoint Sync is off
- Starting the simulation after saving and restarting GoldSim
- Restarting computer
- Saving as a new model version
- Uncheck the "clear previously written cells" box in the result elements
Another issue (possibly unrelated) came up as part of this troubleshooting exercise - every time we hit “Export Now” in the model settings, it switches to the “export automatically after running”, even if we switch it back to “Do not export” every time.