This hands-on training session is designed for engineers and scientists involved in modeling and decision support for water resources applications. The focus will be on dynamic simulation and modeling techniques for incorporating uncertainty and evaluating risk and reliability of water resources. This class is not intended to be specific to GoldSim software but rather educational and applicable for any type of dynamic simulation used for decision support applications. We will use GoldSim software during the class to facilitate learning of the concepts.
Through hands-on examples, you will practice building your own water management model with a custom user interface, data input, model functions, and result processing for evaluating climate uncertainty and its impact on water quality and quantity of a typical water system. This example model will also assess water supply vulnerability under simple mitigation scenarios.
- 8:00-10:00 a.m.: Introduction to dynamic simulation and GoldSim
- 10:00-12:00 a.m.: Building a simple water management model
- 1:00-2:00 p.m.: Incorporating uncertainty and simulating risk
- 2:00-3:00 p.m.: User interface and results
- 3:00-4:00 p.m.: Evaluate mitigation scenarios
- 4:00-5:00 p.m.: Questions and answers